Week 8 is here already. TIme is flying by so fast. Teachers are beginning to think about writing the Fall Progress Reports and life is ticking along. This week I want to highlight the following:
- Parent Teacher Interview night is November 22nd from 4:30 – 8:30. Watch for communication from your child’s homeroom teacher about setting an interview time. Please indicate if you would like to
- Intramurals have begun. Students are signing up and will be placed on teams and the games will be played during lunch hour.
- Our school volleyball team tryouts begin on October 30. Tryouts and practices will run on Tuesday and Thursday mornings from 7:50 – 8:40. We ask that students not enter the school prior to 7:40 in the morning. A BIG thank you to Coaches Kuiken, Lowell and Tomlinson for putting their time and energy into these teams.
- Halloween activities: On Wednesday October 31 we will be spending our third block of the day in Halloween activities. Students will sign up for a preferred activity. There is a dance, craft club, games club, movie and quiet space to work or read. Students can sign up for which activity they would prefer to be involved in.
Please bring a donation of a non-perishable food item or toiletry that day to support our WE SCARE HUNGER campaign. All donations are going to the Kawartha Lakes Food Source.
Students who have outstanding work or whose behaviour has not met school standards will be automatically placed into a Homework Club where they will spend their time getting caught up on outstanding work.
Students are free to dress up for Halloween. We ask that there are no weapons, no inappropriate costumes or motifs and no masks.
- Looking for Donations! Sewing Club has been up and running all month. They meet Tuesdays after school. There has been a great turnout which we are thrilled by but has made getting time on the sewing machines challenging. If you have a working sewing machine at home that’s gathering dust, we would love to take it off your hands for you 🙂
- Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! For your support of our Fresh from the Farm Fundraiser. We raised over $900 dollars which will be used to buy equipment for students and pay for bussing and field trips. We really appreciate our generous community.
- WE SCARE HUNGER is up and running. It is wonderful to walk into classrooms and see piles of food items. Keep sending those items in. You are making a big difference in the lives of others.
- We are marking Remembrance Day on November 8th with a presentation by Chief Mark Mitchell. His presentation begins at 9 am. Please feel free to come and join us for that day. If you give us a heads up that you are planning oncoming, we will make sure we’ve got a chair for you to sit on 🙂
- Immunizations are on October 30th for those students who have handed in their immunization form from the Health Unit.
I feel like I’m repeating myself but thank you so much for the students you send. We have great kids who for the ost part want to do the right thing and succeed. We appreciate them so much and we appreciate you for how you are training them to be wonderful people.