Happy Halloween 🙂
The costumes have been fantastic – probably some of the best I’ve ever seen. The students have been excellent waiting patiently for the Halloween activities to start and those students who were facing time in the Homework Club have been scrambling to get their work completed so they can join in the Halloween fun!
- Intramurals Volleyball is about the start. Central Staff held their team draft on Friday and set the teams for the upcoming tournament. Watch announcements for when your team plays. Games are during lunch from 12:40 – 1:20 if you would like to come and watch.
- Student Focus Groups: We are looking for students to sit down with our School Council members and discuss their thoughts and ideas for making Central an even greater place to be. Talk to your student and let them know that if they are interested in this opportunity to pop into the office and get their name on the list.
- Student Council Suggestions box. The Student Council has placed a suggestion box in the main office for students to put forth their ideas for events and activities at Central Senior.
- A HUGE thanks to our students for a great Halloween Activity block. The Central Staff is talking about how great our students are. They are enthusiastic and active and always ready to have some fun. We appreciate them and their positive behaviour so much. A big Thank you to the Student Council for organizing and running such a great event!
- Remembrance Day brings Chief Mark Mitchell to us for a Remembrance Day presentation. It starts at 9 am. Please feel free to join us.
- With the winter approaching please remember that there are protocols to follow about bus cancellations. If our buses are cancelled they will announce that the buses in the City of Kawartha Lakes are cancelled. You can find out about cancellations by going to any of the following sources:
- Twitter: @TLDSB
- Facebook: @TLDSB
- 99.1 BOB FM and other local radio stations
- Our District App
Central Senior remains open on bus cancellation days. You may choose to drive your student to school that day. Please don’t forget to pick them up at the end of the day 🙂