My apologies for not getting last weeks email blast out. This week we have some information and dates for you to save.
Dates to Remember:
- Dec. 6 – 11 a.m. – Grade 7 and 8 walking to the Academy Theatre to see LCVI’s Holiday Program
- Dec. 10 – Grade 8’s walk to Fleming for a day of learning. Dress to be outside for portion of the day.
- Dec. 14 – MacMillan’s orders pick up
- Dec. 17 – CSS Holiday Concert. See below for more details
- Dec. 19 – Festive Dinner – Thank you School Council
- Dec. 19 – Walk to Rec Centre for a Hockey Game
- Dec. 20 – Snowball Dance
- Dec. 21 – Holidays begin
- Holiday Concert: We are hosting the Central Senior Holiday Concert on Monday December 17 Show times are 9:45 and 11:15 for our feeder schools and at 1:30 that day for our own students.
Band & Choir: If anyone happens to need to Christmas shop at Canadian Tire I suggest waiting till next Saturday December 8 at 1:45 as the band and choir are part of the BOB Fm live broadcast for the Kinmens Toy Drive. OR if you need to go to the mall wait until that day and at 2:45 where the choir will be singing.
Heads Up: We have confirmed that some students have brought marijuana edibles to school from their homes and have shared them with their friends. We will be having discussions with our students about the dangers of sharing food with their peers and the unpleasant even deadly outcomes involved. We ask that you have similar discussions with your child to help them understand the danger.
Temporary Excusal from School Forms: TLDSB will no longer be using the TEMPORARY EXCUSAL FORM for absences 5 days in length or longer. Instead the process outlined by TLDSB will be that
- the parent or guardian of the student must submit a letter to the principal, requesting that the student be excused for a specified time (e.g., a vacation or family obligation). The time frame must be explicitly stated and cannot be indefinite or until further notice.
- For the student to remain on the school register the school must provide a program of study for the them to complete while absent.
I want to thank the parents who have brought concerns to the school. It allows us to have a fuller picture of what is happening with our students and we appreciate being able to intervene in situations when needed.
I hope everyone has a great week.