The weather has walloped us again this week. We are encouraging students to complete work at home during snow days. Many of the assignments and tasks that students are assigned are listed in their Google Classroom which they have access to at home with an internet or Wi-Fi connection. Snow days are terrific days to get caught up on any outstanding work or to edit work to bump it up to the next level. When this work is completed during snow days, it allows us to continue on our learning path without needing to slow down.
Last week, I announced our revised Science Centre date was April 18. Due to basketball tournaments and robotics tournaments, we have had to find an alternate date so we will be heading to the Science Centre on April 16th. Thank you for being patient with us while we worked this through with the bus company, the Science Centre and our own schedule.
- Thanks to Ms. Kuiken, CentralFit has begun. This is a club for students interested in improving one or any of these:
- Cardio-respiratory endurance
- Muscular strength
Serious male or female students of any fitness level are welcome, with a maximum of 12. Minimum of 6. No whiners, be ready to sweat!
2. We are looking for students interested in designing and creating the sets for our musical Alice in Wonderland. Students can see Ms. Byer or Ms. Smith if they are interested in helping with this project.
3. Dental screening for Grade 7 students will be Monday, March 4 and Tuesday, March 5.
4. Ski trip is March 5.
5. We will be having a locker cleanout on March 8 at 10:45. Our Lost & Found will be heading out to charity over the March Break, so please come in and check it prior to March Break if you are missing anything.
6. We are looking for presenters for Career Day on April 4th. If you are willing to come and talk to our students about your career path, please call us at 705-324-4352.
7. March Break is March 11 – 15.