This March, Central Senior is launching a book donation drive. We are asking students to donate their ‘once loved’ books to classroom libraries in our feeder schools. As we all know, having access to a variety of interesting and engaging story books can make a huge difference in a child’s love of reading.
We are seeking both English and French language books that can be at any reading level. Some ‘Pre-teen’ and ‘teen’ aged books can stay in the Central Senior classrooms.
Please send books with students throughout the week of March 18 – March 22. Books can be dropped off to Mrs. Hough (Room 5). From there students will sort and deliver them.
Thank you for your generosity.
Dates to Remember:
- March 7 – Grad Photo order deadline
- March 8 – Locker Cleanout
- March 5- 8 – Lost & Found is on display. Clothes go to charity after March 8
- March 11 – 15 – March Break
- March 27 – Grad Photo Retake Day
- March 28 & 29 – Grade 8 Cardboard Boat Race Championship
- April 4 – Career Day
- April 5 – PA Day
- April 8 – 10 – TLDSB Music Festival
- April 11 – Mathletes for Grade 6 students
- April 16 – School Trip to Science Centre
- April 19 – Good Friday; April 22 – Easter Monday
- April 23 – 26 – Breakaway Week – Outdoor Ed Focus
- April 29 – May 3 – Junglesport is here. This company will be installing a temporary high ropes course in our gym. Each class will have 1 period a day in the gym to go through the course. The course gets changed each day to keep it interesting for students. A big thank you to our School Council for cost sharing on this event.
- May 7 – Central Track & Field; Rain date is May 8
- May 13 – Mass Band @ LCVI
- May 15 – 17 – Central Musical
- May 28 – Band at Wonderland
- May 29 – 31 – Grade 8 trip to Ottawa
- June 6 – Arts Gala Night
- June 7 – PA Day
- June 11 – Spring Fling: School Council is hosting this school event from 5 to 8 pm. Join us for an evening of food and fun. There will be a variety of events from dunk tanks to inflatables to a BBQ and silent auction and a lot more. Watch for more information. The rain date for this event is June 12. If you have an item you could donate to the silent auction it would be much appreciated.
- June 26 – Graduation
- June 27 – Last Day of School