A number of our Clubs & Teams are starting. Here’s what’s happening. Please encourage your child to get involved. Life at school is so much more fun when you get involved.
- Concert Band – See Ms. Smith
- Stage Band – See Ms. Smith
- Choir – See Ms. Byer
- Eco Club – See Ms. Kuiken
- Library Club – See Ms. Hough
- Cross Country: Monday, Wednesday, Friday after school until 3:45 pm – See Mr. Cameron
- Girls Soccer – See Mme Milne
- Boys Soccer – See Mr. Beggs & Mr. Smeaton
- School Leadership Team: See Ms. Byer & Ms. Butcher
This fall, October 21 – 24, Central is having ‘Community Engagement Week.’ We will be highlighting the importance of being a part of and giving to our community by providing students with the opportunity to experience volunteer opportunities throughout our community.
Our aim is to have students out in the community volunteering for about two hours a day (10:30 – 12:30) over those four days. We are currently building a list of possible volunteer opportunities for our students to choose from. If you are able to provide an opportunity or know someone who can, please contact us at 705-324-4352 or by replying to this email.
Dates to Remember
- Terry Fox Run: September 26 – Last block
- Hot Lunches: Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday
- September 26: School Council Nominations Due
- September 30: School Council Meeting at 6 pm
- October 2: Cross Country Meet at Ken Reid Park
- October 10: Boys Soccer Meet at Wilson Fields
- October 21: Girls Soccer Meet
- October 24: Picture Retakes
- October 21 – 24: Breakaway Week: Community Involvement
- October 28: Vaccines
Our thanks to those of you who have already handed in the First Day forms. This is a gentle reminder to those of you who still need to send these forms in.
Some of you with students who have medical needs have been sent letters regarding Medical Plans. Thank you to those who have sent them back. To those of you who haven’t, please send them back to the school as soon as possible.