Congratulations to Mrs. MacEachern! She has been promoted to Principal! She will be working with staff and students in our Remote Learning School. Friday, October 9 is her last day with us. We’re thrilled for her and wish her the best in her new role.
Coming to Central is Ms. Mulcaster. She has been Vice-principal at Lady Mackenzie Public School in Kirkfield. Ms. Mulcaster will begin at Central on Tuesday, October 13. We look forward to having her join us.
This week at Central Senior we reaped the rewards of our excellent effort at Terry Fox Run. We walked 6,017 laps of our 400 metre track. These are the prizes that our students have earned:
- Cummings dressed up as a superhero Friday.
- MacEachern did the morning announcements in a funny voice for a week.
- Mme Steffler will be dressing up as a different staff member every day for a week.
- Shauf gave out a treat to every student in the school.
- Beggs will be growing the hair out on the top of his head for the two months that he is off on parental leave. The last time he went more than a week without shaving his head was back before you had even started attending Junior Kindergarten.
Congratulations to our students, that’s a ton of laps they managed to complete in a week.
Now that the weather is turning colder, we would like to remind everyone that our students are spending at least 2 to 3 breaks outside for mask breaks. The weather will need to be really nasty for us to call an indoor recess. We want students to get their mask breaks outside. We are asking students to come dressed for whatever weather is in the forecast.
Masks: The criteria for masks are:
- Must be made of at least 2 layers of tightly woven cloth
- Fit securely to the head with ties or ear loops
- Be large enough to completely cover the mouth and nose without gaping
Please see the attached information sheet from TLDSB.