Hi Everyone – Welcome to Friday 😊
We are well on our way through the school year. Classes are busy learning and it will soon be time for Progress Reports to go home. We will be sending Progress Reports home on November 13th, 2020.
I’ve attached the latest flowchart from the District Health Unit regarding what to do if your child does not pass the daily COVID 19 Health screening.
Halloween is next Friday. We are encouraging students to wear their costumes on Friday, October 30th. There won’t be a school wide celebration but many classes are planning their own activities that day.
As always, we ask that costumes do NOT include weapons of any sort and no face masks that cover the entire face. Cloth masks that cover the nose and chin with straps behind the ears or that tie behind the head must still be worn with all costumes.
Here are the key messages from the Simcoe-Muskoka and Haliburton Kawartha Health Units regarding Halloween:
- Stay home if feeling ill or if you have mild symptoms.
- Only go out with members of your direct household.
- Only trick-or-treat outside.
- Both trick-or-treaters and people handing out candy should wear a face covering.
- A costume mask is not a substitute for a face covering and should not be worn over a face covering as it may make it difficult to breathe.
- Consider building your face covering into your, or your child’s, costume.
- Do not congregate or linger at doorsteps. Line up two metres (6 feet) apart if waiting.
- Avoid high-touch surfaces and objects.
- Whether collecting or handing out treats, wash your hands often and thoroughly or use hand sanitizer.
- Do not leave treats in a bucket or bowl for children to grab.
- Consider using tongs, or other similar tools to hand out treats.